While best restaurants is subjective, these five restaurants are indisputably at the top of the culinary world in Minneapolis. These restaurants are so great that they could go toe to toe with their contemporaries on a World stage. These are really good restaurants, not the popular restaurants.
Things to do in Minneapolis: Top Restaurants
- Spoon and Stable – Spoon and Stable is not only the best, but it has also changed fine dining in Minneapolis. Gavin is the first World Class chef that has returned to Minneapolis and in doing so, he has raised the bar profoundly. Spoon and Stable pays homage to the Midwest with farm to table wholesome cooking, at a level never seen before in Minneapolis. If you can only eat one place, this is it.
- Tullibee Restaurant – Inside the Hewing hotel this is an incredible gourmet restaurant, and highly underrated. Even though the food is top quality, it is based on Scandinavian and local Minnesotan recipes. So the roots of the meal are not fancy, but everything they do after that is world class.
- Cafe Alma – Started as a fine dining restaurant and expanded into a boutique hotel with the same attention to detail. Alma’s small plates are scrumptious and you will want to share a bite from everyone at the table.
- Cafe Lurcat – Beautifully situated looking out over Loring Park, the food compliments the view. The food is first class, but does not try to be pretentious. Try the apple, cheese and chive salad. It is worth going there just for that.
- The Butcher’s Tale – This is a great restaurant that did not make the best steakhouse list because their best meat is actually the pork chop. Try it if you dare. It is the biggest, most succulent chop you have ever experienced. Everything else is amazing, and there is a nice outdoor patio. The restaurant is at the south end of the Hennepin Theater District.
Minneapolis Trolley Tours, we know things to do in Minneapolis!