The only thing that might be better than hanging out at a bar with friends, is adding a sports game to the mix. These are the top Minneapolis sports bars.
Things to Do in Minneapolis: Sports Bars
- Tom’s Watch Bar – The new behemoth on Hennepin raised the bar on sports bars in Minneapolis. When you are there, it really is like going to the game itself with the number of people and monitors. It is a national chain, so it is not a neighborhood sports bar but it is the most fun of any bar when a great game is on. Tom’s Watch Bar, located at 609 Hennepin Ave in downtown Minneapolis, is a sports bar experience aiming to be beyond the ordinary. Opened in October 2023, it boasts a central “oversized stadium screen” surrounded by dozens of additional TVs, promising “all the sports, all the time.” The restaurant features 360-degree viewing rooms, personalized audio at every table, and a menu of beers, craft cocktails, and bar food. They offer various seating options, including booths and high-top tables, and cater to large groups with dedicated spaces. Expect a lively atmosphere during games and a focus on creating an immersive sports-watching experience.
- Mac’s Industrial Sports Bar – This Northeast bar is designed and managed as a serious sports bar, with neighborhood charm. It is in the best location in Northeast, so if your team is not doing so great you can go to any other bar, club or restaurant up and down the strip. Situated at 310 E Hennepin Ave in Northeast Minneapolis, Mac’s Industrial Sports Bar offers a relaxed alternative to other sports bars. Established in 2004, it boasts a “laid-back” atmosphere with industrial-inspired decor. Watch your favorite game on one of their many TVs, including projector screens, or gather around the central bar. While football reigns supreme, they accommodate multiple sports. Their menu features classic bar fare like burgers, pizza, and wings, served until 2 am daily. Expect friendly service, reasonable prices, and a neighborhood vibe where you can cheer on your team with fellow fans or simply enjoy a casual night out.
- The Corner Bar – In Seven Corner’s, the area that we forget is Minneapolis, is a perfect sports bar. They sell the normal bar food, but it is good enough to make a losing game feel better. It is a fun crowd for games and enough regulars that you feel you are at a frat party. Corner Bar, on the corner of Washington Ave and 4th St. SE, is a historic neighborhood watering hole established in 1936. Known for its casual, welcoming atmosphere, it draws locals with its exposed brick walls, vintage signage, and wooden booths. Pool tables, darts, and TVs contribute to the laid-back vibe. Enjoy classic bar fare like burgers, sandwiches, and wings alongside a wide selection of beers on tap and in bottles. Down below is Comedy Corner which is one of Minneapolis’ best comedy clubs.
- The Office Bar and Grille – You can tell this place is not corporate, but its a great place to watch a game. It is never overly slammed , and the staff is experienced. It is so normal, it feels like you are watching the game at your best friends house. Located in Minneapolis’ North Loop, The Office Pub & Grill offers a casual sports bar atmosphere. Open 7 days a week, it features 18 HDTVs across its space, showing various sporting events alongside news & ticker tape updates. They boast a classic pub menu with burgers, sandwiches, pizzas, and entrees like fish & chips and Cajun chicken pasta. Enjoy lunch, dinner, or late-night bites until 2 am. Additional amenities include free parking, outdoor seating, and loaner USB cables for business travelers. There is a lively atmosphere during games and a relaxed environment for socializing other times.
- Stadium Bar and Grille – Stadium Bar & Grill, located at 207 N Washington Ave in Minneapolis, offers classic sports bar fare and brews. Established in 1995, it features a casual atmosphere with multiple TVs playing various sports throughout the day. Their menu focuses on burgers, pizzas (including their signature “Stadium Pizza”), wings, and other bar food staples. They offer daily lunch specials and happy hour deals. Notably, they boast one of the largest selections of bottled beers in Minneapolis. It is near the Twins Stadium, so expect a relaxed environment with friendly service, catering to both locals and fans catching the game.
Minneapolis Trolley Tours, we know things to do in Minneapolis!