Things to Do:
Things to Do in Minneapolis: Museums
The Arts define Minneapolis and this unassuming Midwestern town has produced some of the top museums and collections in the World. Top 3:
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts (MIA) – This is an immense FREE museum with vast collection that covers every realm of art. It has Period Rooms, to walk into other worlds,the largest Asian collection outside of Asia,and everything from Americana to Contemporary. Most of the masters are represented, but not their most famous pieces, which makes it way more fun!
- Walker Art Center – Minneapolis is proud to have one of the Top 5 Modern Art Museums in the United States. The Walker is ranked up there with the MOMAs and exceeds them in several respects,one being the incredible Sculpture Garden at the Walker.
- Mill City Museum – Minneapolis had an incredible birth and adolescence which is portrayed through riveting interactive displays at this history museum. Discover how a waterfall created the largest lumber and grain milling industries in the world and gave birth to Mill City.
Other Museums in Minneapolis
- Russian Museum – The Museum of Russian Art, is not nearly as boring as it sounds. This is very well curated museum with dynamic and informative exhibits.
- Bakken Museum – This is a wonderful science museum on electricity especially for young adults, but has interactive displays for all ages.
- Hennepin History Museum – This is a repository for local artifacts. It has a huge archives, but also has an interesting rotating series of curated displays in the rooms of the mansion.
- Weisman Art Museum – Modern Art Museum known for its architecture on the U of M Campus
- Swedish Institute – Go for the mansion tour, not the art at this incredible Gilded Age Mansion. The Art in this museum is an afterthought. The mansion Museum art gallery is designed to celebrate Swedish Culture
Minneapolis Trolley Tours, we know things to do in Minneapolis!