Other Top 5 Lists Break out Gay Bars, Dance Clubs, Dive Bars, Sports Bars, and Breweries. These are the best of the best. The Best all around bars. Best drinks, best atmosphere, best service.
Things to Do in Minneapolis: Best Bars
Prohibition Bar – This bar was built in the Penthouse Apartment of Wilbur Foshay. It is at the top of the historic Foshay Tower. Besides the incredible location and atmosphere, the bar and its drinks are world-class.
- Sky-high views: Located on the 27th floor of the W Minneapolis – The Foshay, Prohibition Bar boasts some of the most stunning views of the Minneapolis skyline.
- Speakeasy vibes: Stepping into Prohibition Bar is like stepping back in time to the roaring 20s. The bar is dimly lit and has a stylish, vintage atmosphere.
- Creative cocktails: The bartenders at Prohibition Bar are known for their innovative and delicious cocktails. They use fresh, seasonal ingredients to create unique drinks that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Unparalleled service: The staff at Prohibition Bar is attentive and professional, and they go out of their way to make sure you have a memorable experience.
- Special events: Prohibition Bar often hosts special events, such as live music nights and themed parties.
If you’re looking for a unique and stylish bar with amazing views and delicious cocktails, Prohibition Bar is definitely worth checking out.
Spoon and Stable – Spoon and Stable is the best restaurant in Minneapolis, it is no wonder that they would also have one of the best bars. The North Loop location is wonderful and intimate, and you can order food right at the bar while you watch their famous bartenders work their magic.
- Signature drinks: Spoon and Stable has award-winning cocktails and even rare spirits
- Ambiance: intimate and cozy, but also lively and social because you are on the main restaurant floor, and among foodies eager to share their thoughts
- Service: United States Bartenders’ Guild (USBG) Jessi Pollak has signature drinks and is world reknown
- Food pairing: Spoon and Stable offers full food menu at the bar, unique bar bites, or small plates that complement their drinks?
Meteor Bar – The first two bars are posh, but the meteor bar is the opposite. Meteor is a retro bar with pinball, but not too many. The decor is done so well that it doesn’t feel staged, your body just regresses into a simpler time. The drinks at Meteor are wonderful and the staff make the bar great. Meteor Bar, in North Minneapolis, is a dive bar with a cult following. Open since the early 1900s, it boasts exposed brick walls, celestial murals, and a relaxed atmosphere. Renowned for its creative cocktails and friendly bartenders, the bar also offers karaoke, hot dogs, and affordable prices. Open Wednesday-Saturday until 2 am, it’s a popular spot for late-night drinks and conversation.
Merlin’s Rest – You don’t have to play D&D to love this bar, but it helps. It is an Irish Pub that does not stray far from the theme in anything they do. Food and beer really feels like an old world pub. For instance they are serious about their fish and chips. The craft cocktails will surprise you though, so ask for something good, especially if you like whiskey. Nestled in Longfellow, Merlin’s Rest Pub offers a cozy escape with British pub vibes. Boasting the largest selection of single malt scotches and Irish whiskeys in Minnesota, it’s a haven for whiskey enthusiasts. Beyond spirits, enjoy classic pub fare like fish & chips, cottage pie, and bangers & mash. Live music, open mic nights, and a monthly scotch tasting add to the lively atmosphere. Expect friendly service, a fireplace for chilly evenings, and a taste of British cheer.
Edward’s Dessert Kitchen – This place is so cool and unique. First of all, it is primarily a place to get dessert after dinner. But that is where it will surprise you. The cocktails at the bar are incredible! Who wouldn’t want a creme puff and the perfect craft cocktail? Edwards Dessert Kitchen, in North Loop, isn’t just about decadent desserts. While offering pastries, cakes, and ice cream like their famous Brown Butter Blondie, they boast a full bar with unique twists. Expect handcrafted cocktails featuring seasonal ingredients and house-made infusions. Explore options like the Rosemary Bourbon Sour or the Chocolate Old Fashioned. Beyond cocktails, they showcase a curated wine list and local beers. Enjoy your drinks in the stylish, modern space, on the outdoor patio, or at the intimate bar counter. Whether you crave a sweet treat or a sophisticated libation, Edwards Dessert Kitchen caters to both.
Minneapolis Trolley Tours, we know Things to Do in Minneapolis!